43570 - Associate Delivery Manager
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce and pride ourselves as being an employer of choice. To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity
Do you have the drive to work towards becoming an experienced delivery manager leading a multidisciplinary team to support continuous improvement in a unique part of MOJ Digital and Technology?
These are exciting times at MOJ Digital and Technology. We have a clear vision - to develop a digitally-enabled justice system that works more simply for users - and we’re looking for talented people to help us achieve it.
We’re recruiting for an Associate Delivery Manager to be part of our warm and collaborative Delivery Unit team.
Working as an associate delivery manager in the Delivery Unit, you'll be responsible for driving the delivery of your own discrete projects, making sure that you bring the right people into collaborate at the right time and make your work visible to the team. You will facilitate a culture of continuous improvement in the team whilst proactively managing dependencies and risks to overcome obstacles to delivery. You will also have the opportunity to participate in informal support networks with peers contributing to our Agile Delivery community. You’ll be an active part of the broader delivery management community and will also join our associate delivery manager community of practice.
You will proactively be supported by our people managers, delivery manager peers, the wider delivery community and from formal learning opportunities to develop in this role.
More information around what it is to be an associate delivery manager can be found here.
Some of the exciting areas the Delivery Unit has worked on:
● Supporting the delivery of priorities for the Strategy and Operations Team
● Business case development for high value, high priority projects
● Developing Spending Review bids
● Developing a strategic view of our contract activities
● Contract and commercial engagements with agencies
● Governance Reviews
● D&T COVID response
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and you want to join our team please read on and apply.
This is a MoJ Band B role with a salary between £34,090 - £46,366 plus great benefits:
● 37 hours per week and flexible working options including working from home, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours.
● We are committed to nurturing our staff and provide lots of training and development opportunities with learning platforms such as: Linux Academy, O’Reilly, Pluralsight, Microsoft Learning, Civil Service Learning, GDS Academy, etc.
● 10% dedicated time to learning and development with a budget of £1000 a year per person
● Generous civil service pension based on defined benefit scheme, with employer contributions of 26-30% depending on salary.
● 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) and 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday. 5 additional days of leave once you have reached 5 years of service.
● Compassionate maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave policies, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
● Wellbeing support including access to the Calm app.
● Nurturing professional and interpersonal networks including those for Careers & Childcare, Gender Equality, PROUD and SPIRIT
● Bike loans up to £2500 and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
● Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and eye-care vouchers.
● 5 days volunteering paid leave.
● Free membership to BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
● Some offices may have a subsidised onsite Gym.
Essential DDaT technical skills needed for this role that will be assessed at sift and interview
● Agile and Lean practices. You have practical experience or understanding of Agile tools and principles
● Communication skills. You can communicate complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, and facilitate discussion within a multidisciplinary team
● Maintaining delivery momentum. You can actively track, manage, escalate and communicate risks and dependencies
● Making the process work. You can help a team find the process that works best for them and facilitate delivery.
Essential level 3 behaviours needed for this role that will be assessed at sift and/or interview
● Communicating and influencing. You communicate in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner, choosing appropriate styles to maximise understanding and impact
● Delivering at pace. You show a positive approach to keeping the whole team’s efforts focused on the top priorities
● Leadership. You take into account different individual needs, views, and ideas championing inclusion and equality of opportunity for all
Desirable DDaT technical skills needed for this role
● Team dynamics and collaboration. You have an awareness about the importance of team dynamics, collaboration and empowering delivery teams.
Desirable level 3 behaviours needed for this role are
● Working together. You encourage joined up team work within your own team and across other groups
● Changing and improving. You work with others to identify areas for improvement and simplify processes to use fewer resources
● Making effective decisions. You can understand your own level of responsibility and empower others to make decisions where appropriate
We welcome the unique contribution diverse applicants bring and do not discriminate on the basis of culture, ethnicity, race, nationality or national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation, educational or social background or any other factor.
Our values are Purpose, Humanity Openness and Together. Find out more here about how we celebrate diversity and an inclusive culture in our workplace.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit an up to date CV and a statement of suitability (500 words) which describes how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification above.
In D&T, we recruit using a combination of the Digital, Data and Technology Capability and Success Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills and the following level 3 behaviours during the assessment process:
● Communicating and Influencing
● Delivering at Pace
● Working together
● Changing and Improving
● Making Effective Decisions
Your application will be reviewed and sifted against the Person Specification above by a diverse panel.
Successful candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to a 1-hour panel interview held via video conference.
Please review the following Terms & Conditions which set out the way we recruit and provide further information related to the role.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
14/05/2021, 23:55 hours.
To apply for roles in MOJ you will need to confirm your employment history for at least 3 years prior to the date of application so that pre-employment checks (BPSS) can be undertaken. If you have spent significant time abroad (a total of 6 months in the past 3 years) you would be required to give a reasonable account of the reasons why.
For some roles you will be required to successfully complete National Security Vetting at Counter Terrorism (CTC), Security Clearance (SC) or Developed Vetting (DV) level as a condition of appointment. To meet CTC/SC/DV requirements you will normally need to have been resident in the UK for at least 3/5/10 years prior to the date of application (The level of checks that are required are stated in the advert).
If you do not meet the above requirements, you may still be considered if, for example:
- You've been serving overseas with HM Forces or in some other official capacity as a representative of HM Government
- You were studying abroad
- You were living overseas with parents
In such cases you will need to be able to provide referee cover for the period(s) of residence overseas. The duration of overseas residence and the country of abode will also be taken into account.
Success Profiles will enable a fairer and more inclusive method of recruitment by enabling us to assess the range of experiences, abilities, strengths, behaviours and technical/professional skills required for different roles. This flexible approach to recruitment focuses more on finding the right candidate for the specific role. To find out more about Success Profiles to support your application please click here for further guidance.
This Vacancy is closed to applications.