19569 - Senior Digital Product Manager
Candidates selected at sift will be invited to an assessment centre and this will form part of the selection process.
This is a permanent role in the Digital Change Directorate of the Civil, Family and Tribunals Team.
Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and provides the supporting administration for the Judiciary across England and Wales. It delivers services to the public directly in court and tribunal buildings, remotely via business centres and digital services online.
The work includes creating high quality digital products and services, modernising the court estate, updating and replacing its technology, speeding up and streamlining working practices, refurbishing buildings to reduce maintenance costs and provide much improved services for service users, especially vulnerable witnesses and victims
Please follow the link below for further information about HMCTS
You will have the opportunity to join a team that is a key part of building and implementing the new digital operating model for HMCTS, at the heart of the future organisation. The role will have management and leadership responsibility for one or more digital and technology products. The products may be focused on applications or infrastructure, on existing or new technology. Over time and after a suitable period of knowledge transfer you will take on the management of a team and ultimately ownership of a product or group of products. You will work very closely with the HMCTS Service Managers who are ultimately accountable for their services and you will also draw on input from wider teams and organisations to operate and improve products.
We’re looking for someone who has impressive product management skills, or equivalent; You will be an individual who likes working in a delivery focused, agile environment with multi-disciplinary teams, and has worked at a management level.
You will have strong communication and relationship building skills and a highly collaborative team player approach as well as the ability to interact with senior stakeholders and manage feedback from multiple stakeholder groups.
You will be someone who takes pride in representing users and enjoys the challenge of promoting the products you are working on.
You are a pragmatic and analytical thinker who makes evidence based decisions.
You will be motivated by an opportunity to work in a unique public service environment, and for a department that directly delivers services in one of the largest transformation and reform programmes in government.
- Leading management and control of the digital and technology assets, resources, subscriptions and calendar of activities needed to keep products and end-to-end services operating efficiently and effectively;
- Accountable for the functional and non-functional requirements gathering, product definition and prioritisation in the development of new products and services;
- Accountable for all aspects of digital/technology live service support and improvement for a group of end-to-end products delivered to the user;
- Providing leadership to the product teams and coordination of the multiple providers and suppliers involved in delivering the products and end-to-end services;
- Overseeing that operational methods, procedures, facilities and tools are established, reviewed and improved continuously, for all aspects of the digital and technology assets;
- Leading analysis and understanding of the technical and practical detail about how products work, serve user needs and how they could be developed;
- Leading the readiness and transition of products to a live operation at scale, and subsequent releases and enhancements;
- Leading development, delivery and live operation of digital services, technology and ICT.
- Create trusting relationships with the Service Managers who are ultimately accountable for the end-to-end services, supporting them in development and operation of the services;
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate
- Experience of working in delivery and operationally focussed roles;
- A track record of successfully managing and supporting teams to deliver agreed goals and objectives;
- The ability to, take ownership for one or more digital and technology products
- The capability to improve systems and structures to deliver with more streamlined resources;
- Previous experience of taking managed risks and overcoming the challenges of difficult/complex changes;
- Experience of engagement with senior management, representing the work of your team and demonstrating its contribution to overall organisation goals;
- The ability to recognise patterns and trends in a wide range of evidence/data and draw key conclusions;
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of software development.
Working Arrangements & Further Information
Some of MoJ’s terms and conditions of service are changing as part of Civil Service reform. The changes will apply to staff joining MoJ who are new to the Civil Service. Staff joining MoJ from other civil service employers will transfer onto the new MoJ terms if they are already on 'modernised' terms in their current post or onto 'unmodernised' MoJ terms if they are on 'unmodernised' terms at their current post. Details will be available if an offer is made.
Flexible working hours
The Ministry of Justice offers a flexible working system in many offices.
The MoJ offers a range of benefits:
Generous allowances for paid holiday starting at 25 days per year, and rising as your service increases. There is also a scheme to allow qualifying staff to buy or sell up to three days leave each year. Additional paid time off for public holidays and 1 privilege day. Leave for part-time and job share posts will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
The Civil Service offers a choice of pension schemes, giving you the flexibility to choose the pension that suits you best.
The Ministry of Justice is committed to staff development and offers an extensive range of training and development opportunities.
- A range of ‘Family Friendly’ policies such as opportunities to work reduced hours or job share.
- Access to flexible benefits such as salary sacrifice arrangements for childcare vouchers, and voluntary benefits such as retail vouchers and discounts on a range of goods and services.
- Paid paternity, adoption and maternity leave.
- Free annual sight tests for employees who use computer screens.
The opportunity to join employee-run networks that have been established to provide advice and support and to enable the views of employees from minority groups to be expressed direct to senior management. There are currently networks for employees of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, employees with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum
Closing Date: 24th July 2018 at 23:55 hours
If you require any assistance please call 0845 241 5359 (Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm) or e mail Mojemail@example.com Please quote the job reference.
To apply for roles in MOJ you will need to confirm your employment history for at least 3 years prior to the date of application so that pre-employment checks (BPSS) can be undertaken. If you have spent significant time abroad (a total of 6 months in the past 3 years) you would be required to give a reasonable account of the reasons why.
For some roles you will be required to successfully complete National Security Vetting at Counter Terrorism (CTC), Security Clearance (SC) or Developed Vetting (DV) level as a condition of appointment. To meet CTC/SC/DV requirements you will normally need to have been resident in the UK for at least 3/5/10 years prior to the date of application (The level of checks that are required are stated in the advert).
If you do not meet the above requirements, you may still be considered if, for example:
- You've been serving overseas with HM Forces or in some other official capacity as a representative of HM Government
- You were studying abroad
- You were living overseas with parents
In such cases you will need to be able to provide referee cover for the period(s) of residence overseas. The duration of overseas residence and the country of abode will also be taken into account.
In the event of a large number of applications, a sift on the lead competency may take place. If this happens, the lead competency will be the first one listed in the advert.
During the application or interview process, you may be asked to undertake an additional assessment. If this is applicable this will be listed in the advert or when you are invited to interview.
This Vacancy is closed to applications.