80474 - Senior Digital Support Engineer
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
Senior Digital Support Engineer
Closing Date: Monday 6th November
Interviews: w/c 20th November
(MoJ candidates who are on a specialist grade, will be able to retain this grade on lateral transfer)
Salary: London: £45,824 - £50,039 (which may include an allowance of up to £2,251). National: £39,868 - £43,535 (which may include an allowance of up to £2,057).
Working pattern: Full Time, part time flexible working, job share.
Contract Type: Permanent
Vacancy number: 80474
*We are currently offering hybrid working which includes 2 days per week in your local office. Office locations can be found HERE
We’re recruiting for a Senior Digital Support Engineer for our Digital Support Team here at MoJ Digital & Technology, to be part of our warm and collaborative Specialist Support team.
The Digital and Technology Support team provides Local and Remote 2nd line
technical support, expertise and knowledge sharing tailored specifically to our customers remotely & onsite. Our personal, customer centric focus allows the MoJ business to run efficiently and project delivery to happen seamlessly.
The Digital Support team is part of MoJ Digital & Technology Support within the Specialist Support function. The team is responsible for providing IT support to approx. 1500 Digital and Technology Staff across several geographically dispersed locations using Mac OS and Win10 devices, G Suite and Office 365.
We are responsible for onboarding new starters, setting up and deploying IT devices, hardware and software purchases.
We also provide support and administer 30+ apps including Slack, Confluence, Jira and Trello used across Digital and Technology.
Excellent communication is essential and the ability to develop and maintain an effective team.
To help picture your life at MoJ D&T please take a look at our blog and our Digital & Technology strategy.
As a Digital Senior Support Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring effective support is provided to our Digital staff, this will involve:
● Act as escalation point for the team, ensuring issues are resolved within agreed timescales, complex problems are proactively investigated and initiate effective hand off to the appropriate resolver groups where necessary.
● Ensure the team meets performance and quality objectives and key performance indicators.
● Ensure knowledge articles and processes are created and maintained and Service Desk guidance, knowledge and first-time fixes are regularly reviewed to ensure maximum effectiveness.
● Ensue all work is recorded within ServiceNow and provide management information as required.
● Lead on Continual Service Improvements to teams processes and ways of working, ensuring improvements bring tangible benefits to the users.
● Promote and raise awareness of any new policies that may affect users and flag any issues that could negatively impact the team or userbase.
● Ensuring incoming support queries via ServiceNow, email and telephone are responded to within the agreed tight timescales.
● Oversee the configuration and deployment of new and existing Mac OS, Win10, iOS and Android devices within the agreed timescales, managing assets and ensuring stock levels are sufficient to meet demand.
● Ensure a record of all assets, hardware, peripherals and licenses is maintained.
● Have an appreciation for staff with varying levels of IT proficiency and accessibility requirements and ensure communications are considered and appropriate.
● Be available for infrequent weekend and out of hours working to support projects and changes to ensure minimal disruption to business operations.
● Line managing staff.
● Deputising for the Digital Support Team manager.
● Experienced in providing 2nd line IT support to Mac users.
● Asset and configuration management. You can maintain secure configuration and accurate information, controlling IT assets in one or more significant areas. You can verify the location and state of assets.
● Continual service improvement. You can identify process optimisation opportunities with guidance and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions.
● Service focus. You can see the bigger picture by taking groups of services and investigating how to get the best of underlying services.
● Technical understanding. You can understand the core technical concepts related to the role and apply them with guidance. These should include: Jamf Pro - minimum CCA/Jamf 200, CCE/Jamf 400 preferred.
● Demonstrable experience of managing a complex environment of Apple Mac and Windows devices using Jamf Pro and Intune.
● Experience of packaging Mac apps for distribution.
● People, resource and team management experience.
● 37 hours per week and flexible working options including working from home, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours.
● We are committed to nurturing our staff and provide lots of training and development opportunities with learning platforms such as: Linux Academy, O’Reilly, Pluralsight, Microsoft Learning, Civil Service Learning, GDS Academy, etc.
● 10% dedicated time to learning and development with a budget of £1000 a year per person
● Generous civil service pension based on defined benefit scheme, with employer contributions of 26-30% depending on salary.
● 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) and 1 privilege day usually taken around the Kings’ birthday. 5 additional days of leave once you have reached 5 years of service.
● Compassionate maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave policies, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
● Wellbeing support including access to the Calm app.
● Nurturing professional and interpersonal networks including those for Careers & Childcare, Gender Equality, PROUD and SPIRIT
● Bike loans up to £2500 and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
● Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and eye-care vouchers.
● 5 days volunteering paid leave.
● Free membership to BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
● Some offices may have a subsidised onsite Gym.
We welcome the unique contribution diverse applicants bring and do not discriminate on the basis of culture, ethnicity, race, nationality or national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation, educational or social background or any other factor.
Our values are Purpose, Humanity Openness and Together. Find out more here about how we celebrate diversity and an inclusive culture in our workplace.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit CV and Statement of Suitability (of up to 750 words) which describes how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification above.
In D&T, we recruit using a combination of the Digital, Data and Technology Capability and Success Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills and the following Behaviours during the assessment process:
● Seeing the bigger picture
Your application will be reviewed and sifted against the Person Specification above by a diverse panel.
Successful candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to a 1-hour panel interview held via video conference.
Should we receive a high volume of applications, a pre-sift based on your experience of ‘Jamf qualification OR demonstrable knowledge of Jamf’’ will be conducted prior to the sift.
Please review the following Terms & Conditions which set out the way we recruit and provide further information related to the role.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact email@example.com
06/11/2023, 23:55 hours.
To apply for roles in MOJ you will need to confirm your employment history for at least 3 years prior to the date of application so that pre-employment checks (BPSS) can be undertaken. If you have spent significant time abroad (a total of 6 months in the past 3 years) you would be required to give a reasonable account of the reasons why.
For some roles you will be required to successfully complete National Security Vetting at Counter Terrorism (CTC), Security Clearance (SC) or Developed Vetting (DV) level as a condition of appointment. To meet CTC/SC/DV requirements you will normally need to have been resident in the UK for at least 3/5/10 years prior to the date of application (The level of checks that are required are stated in the advert).
If you do not meet the above requirements, you may still be considered if, for example:
- You've been serving overseas with HM Forces or in some other official capacity as a representative of HM Government
- You were studying abroad
- You were living overseas with parents
In such cases you will need to be able to provide referee cover for the period(s) of residence overseas. The duration of overseas residence and the country of abode will also be taken into account.
Success Profiles will enable a fairer and more inclusive method of recruitment by enabling us to assess the range of experiences, abilities, strengths, behaviours and technical/professional skills required for different roles. This flexible approach to recruitment focuses more on finding the right candidate for the specific role. To find out more about Success Profiles to support your application please click here for further guidance.
We have provided detail of the assessment stages and areas being assessed to help you prepare for completing your application form, and to advise of what will be assessed following this, if you successfully pass the application stage.
Application form stage assessments
Interview stage assessments
A Great Place to Work for Veterans
The "Making the Civil Service a Great Place to work for veterans" initiative includes a guaranteed interview scheme to those who meet the minimum criteria to provide eligible former members of the Armed Forces with opportunities to secure rewarding jobs. Allowing veterans to continue to serve their country, and to bring highly skilled individuals with a broad range of experience into the Civil Service in an environment, which recognises and values your previous service in the Armed Forces.
For further details about the initiative and eligibility requirements visit : https://www.gov.uk/government/news/making-the-civil-service-a-great-place-to-work-for-veterans
Redeployment Interview Scheme
Civil Service departments are expected to explore redeployment opportunities before making an individual redundant. The MoJ are committed, as part of the Redeployment Interview Scheme, to providing opportunities to those who are 'at risk of redundancy'.
MoJ are able to offer an interview to eligible candidates who meet the minimum selection criteria, except in a limited number of campaigns. Candidate's will not be eligible for the Redeployment Interview Scheme if they are applying on promotion.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
· UK nationals
· nationals of the Republic of Ireland
· nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
· nationals of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein and family members of those nationalities with settled or pre-settled status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS) (opens in a new window) https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families
· nationals of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein and family members of those nationalities who have made a valid application for settled or pre-settled status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
· individuals with limited leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain who were eligible to apply for EUSS on or before 31 December 2020
· Turkish nationals, and certain family members of Turkish nationals, who have accrued the right to work in the Civil Service
Further information on nationality requirements (opens in a new window) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nationality-rules
This Vacancy is closed to applications.