44705 - Case Administrator
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce and pride ourselves as being an employer of choice. To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity
Victim Liason Unit Case Administrator - 30 Hours (0.8fte)
Overview of the job
This is an administrative job within the National Probation Service.
The jobholder will provide administrative support within the National Probation Service (NPS), ensuring that staff and service users are supported through efficient processes, maintaining administration systems within specified timescales in order to promote the achievement of team and Divisional objectives.
In line with NPS policies and procedures, the job holder must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they do.
This role may involve some out of hours work.
The post holder must adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working in this position.
Responsibilities, Activities & Duties
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining accurate offender and victim information on relevant approved databases.
• Ensure the effective administration of referrals to and relationships between offender management, victims, interventions, service providers and external agencies and partnerships to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk, and reduce reoffending.
• Prepare, maintain and collate case and other records, files and management information, in accordance with the standards required.
• Receive and distribute information and communications in an appropriate manner, e.g. telephone, paper, e-mail.
• Provide cover for an effective and efficient reception and telephone enquiry service
• Act as single point of contact within unit for specialist area of work as required
• Deal fairly, effectively and firmly with a range of Service users, some of whom may be in crisis, distress or who may display inappropriate or aggressive behaviour, and to seek appropriate support in accordance with the circumstances and office procedures.
• Make practical arrangements such as appointments, directions, etc., for the implementation of the Sentence Plan.
• Carry out enforcement administration as required.
• Where necessary, issue petty cash /vouchers/warrants for travel costs etc, maintaining appropriate records in line with local office financial procedures.
• Organise the availability of appropriate equipment, materials, and facilities for activities relating to the management of cases.
• Report faulty equipment and / or materials to Manager and arrange for replacement/ repair as agreed.
• Maintain appropriate systems to ensure the effective use of general unit resources and make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
• Undertake specific Visor administration tasks in accordance with the procedures
• Attend meetings as appropriate. Provide support to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking and , distributing notes/minutes and action points
• Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures, undertake equipment tests as required.
• Provide cover within the unit and to other units within the LDU and Division as appropriate.
• Carry out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
• Demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing prosocial behaviour and attitudes, challenge anti-social behaviour and attitudes.
• To work within the aims and values of NPS and NOMS
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. Significant adjustments may require re-examination under Job Evaluation and shall be discussed in the first instance with the Job Holder.
For the purposes of selection the following Civil Service competencies will be used:
• Delivering at pace
• Making effective decisions
• Collaborating and partnering
• Changing and improving
• Delivering a quality service
Essential Skills Qualifications, accreditation & Registration
• Good keyboard and IT skills including proficiency in MS Office Word, and basic skills in Excel
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals, including those who may present difficult or aggressive behaviour
• Possess basic numeric skills.
• Ability to use and work on own initiative
• Ability to use databases
• NVQ Level II Business Administration (or equivalent)
• Ability to use case management and assessment systems
Working Arrangements & Further Information
Standard working hours are 37 hours per week excluding breaks which are unpaid.
The MoJ offers a range of benefits:
Annual leave is 25 days on appointment and will increase to 30 days after ten years’ service.
There is also a scheme to allow qualifying staff to buy or sell up to three days leave each year. Additional paid time off for public holidays and 1 privilege day. Leave for part-time and job share posts will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
The National Probation Service is covered by the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) run through the Greater Manchester Pension Fund (GMPF). Please visit www.gmpf.org.uk for further information.
Please note: Any current Civil Servant who is a member of the PCSPS, by accepting an offer of employment to the National Probation Services will be opted out of the PCSPS and auto enrolled into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
The Ministry of Justice is committed to staff development and offers an extensive range of training and development opportunities.
- A range of ‘Family Friendly’ policies such as opportunities to work reduced hours or job share.
- Access to flexible benefits such as voluntary benefits, retail vouchers and discounts on a range of goods and services.
- For any moves across the Civil Service may have implications on your ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers
- Paid paternity, adoption and maternity leave.
- Free annual sight tests for employees who use computer screens.
The opportunity to join employee-run networks that have been established to provide advice and support and to enable the views of employees from minority groups to be expressed direct to senior management. There are currently networks for employees of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, employees with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender.
All candidates are subject to security and identity checks prior to taking up post
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
25/06/2021, 23:55 hours.
Success Profiles will enable a fairer and more inclusive method of recruitment by enabling us to assess the range of experiences, abilities, strengths, behaviours and technical/professional skills required for different roles. This flexible approach to recruitment focuses more on finding the right candidate for the specific role. To find out more about Success Profiles to support your application please click here for further guidance.
We have provided detail of the assessment stages and areas being assessed to help you prepare for completing your application form, and to advise of what will be assessed following this, if you successfully pass the application stage.
Application form stage assessments
Interview stage assessments
This Vacancy is closed to applications.