24794 - Senior Facilities Management Delivery Manager
The Estate Cluster which manages property and facilities management interests on behalf of the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) including Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS), Home Office (HO), Crown Prosecution service (CPS), Department for Education (DfE), Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG), Department for International Trade (DIT), Department for Exiting the EU (DExEU) and a number of Arm’s Length Bodies (ALBs). It comprises a diverse range of assets that include: prisons, training centres, operational buildings, approved premises and an office estate that supports the wider operational activities.
The Cluster forms one of the biggest of its kind in Whitehall consisting of over 2,000 holdings nationally and is a trail blazer for future clusters and the one Public Estate Agenda.
Purpose of the role
This role will lead and be responsible for:
- The operational and tactical delivery of Hard and Soft services for a regional portfolio of circa 100 buildings in the Shared Estates Cluster.
- Key business interfaces and front-line customer and stakeholder management at an operational management level.
- Operational supplier management of all Hard and Soft FM contractors across a regional portfolio.
- Demand challenge, validation and authorisation of any reactive or project spend associated with the delivery of services.
- Reports to the Head of FM Operations.
- Leads a team of circa 2 people including an FM Delivery Manager and an FM Operational Support Manager/Officer.
- Management of circa 100 multi-occupied properties across a discrete geographical region.
- Oversight and escalation support for circa 100 properties managed by the reporting FM Delivery Manager.
- Management of the demand challenge for a delegated budget of circa £1m per annum.
- Oversight of supplier management of Hard and Soft Services contracts worth over £10m per annum and projects of £500K per annum.
Managing the Estate
- Act as a key member of the FM Operational Leadership team and deputise for the Head of FM Operations as required.
- Manage the provision of reactive and planned maintenance and projects to ensure health and safety, business resilience and fit for purpose accommodation to meet individual business and customer requirements.
- Ensure that service delivery is managed, monitored and reported in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with the Hard and Soft Technical team and the Management Information and Reporting team to leverage knowledge from the transactional data into any improvement in processes, specifications or services.
- Audit, assurance and validation of service delivery taking account of reports from the Management Information and Reporting team and physical checks.
- Work collaboratively with other FM Delivery Managers in the Region to resolve escalated issues.
- Actively participate in FM Client Unit, MOJ Estates Directorate, wider MOJ and industry networks to share best practice to overcome specific and generic blockers to effective FM performance.
Contract & Supplier Management
- Responsible for service level governance and operational supplier management of all Hard and Soft FM contractors, from day to day issue resolution through to strategic quarterly reviews.
- Attend and actively participate in supplier contract performance meetings as required.
- Regular liaison with Integrator to understand performance of Supply Chain and customer requirements.
- Accountable for working with the supply chain to drive value for money up in accordance with business targets
- Work closely with colleagues in Financial and Commercial Operations team to escalate any performance or contractual issues.
- Responsible for the relationship and performance management of suppliers with regard to delivery across the portfolio.
Government wide Initiatives
- Proactively support the delivery of Government Soft Landings providing the necessary input and resource from the team as required.
- Support the Director of FM and the Head of FM Operations in professionalising Facilities Management across central government and representing the estates function within the Government Property Profession as required.
Customer and Stakeholder Management
- Lead the day-to-day customer and stakeholder relationships within their property portfolio.
- Work in collaboration with the MOJ Estates Account Management Team to facilitate strong customer relationship management.
- Responsible for the management and resolution of any escalations or complaints from the customers or supply chain, including request for additional spend, elective new works, changes to scope or specification.
- Liaise with the Integrator and Financial and Commercial Operations team as required to propose contractual changes or remediation.
- Lead and develop a team of property professionals to deliver both hard and soft facilities management services through an outsourced FM supply chain.
- Ensure all team members are fully compliant with mandatory learning, competencies, skills and behaviours required to discharge their role.
- Ensure team attend continuous professional development events and FM industry events representing MoJ Estates Directorate.
- Promote high performance culture and excellent customer service in all activity ensuring team demonstrate appropriate behaviours in delivering a service to the business.
- Responsible for the development of any cyclical or ad-hoc business planning or business case development using appropriate data to support cases as required.
- Responsible for understanding and delivering operational processes required to manage the delivery of services, payments and audit regime.
- Responsible for the effective management of all delegated spend within agreed internal governance procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate internal governance procedures are implemented in procuring and authorising spend to ensure appropriate value for money and contract delivery.
- An experienced property and facilities management professional with knowledge of asset management, maintenance, customer service and supplier management.
- An appropriate professional qualification or able to demonstrate equivalent experience that would facilitate admission to a relevant professional body (e.g. RICS, IET, BIFM, CIBSE etc.).
- Able to demonstrate personal development through continued professional development in property and FM related field.
- Proven experience of managing multi-project programmes of maintenance or capital investments.
- Good inter-personal, communication and presentational skills.
- Persuasive influencer who is able to confidently and articulately make an argument in support of a position.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to assimilate a wide range of data sources to inform decision making.
- Strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate teams to deliver high quality results.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- Member of a relevant professional organisation (e.g. RICS, IET, BIFM, CIBSE etc.).
- Experience of providing board level oral and written briefings.
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams and in a matrix management structure.
- A strategic thinker who is able to see the big picture and local detail and switch between both views to obtain a holistic view.
- Innovative mindset with the ability to see opportunities and how to exploit them to deliver best value.
- Strong commercial awareness and value judgement skills.
- Post holder must hold or obtain CTC level security clearance.
- As the Estates Cluster HQ is currently based in 102 PF, London, there will be a requirement for all roles to travel to the current or any future designated HQ as and when required.
- Wherever possible, the location of this role will align with the successful candidates existing office location; however, the intent of the FM Client Unit design is to closely align with the Customers of the Shared Estates Cluster, which may require the candidate to relocate to Shared Estates Cluster buildings within a geographical location.
- Regionally based roles within the FM Operations Team will have a requirement to travel within their designated region to the various buildings and customer sites.
- The organisation is supportive of and encourages flexible working.
The following competences will be tested for this role:
- Leading and Communicating
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
- Professional/Technical Expertise
- Interpretation and analysis of data to inform decision making
Further information on the frameworks, including effective behaviours for each competence can be found here:
Working Arrangements & Further Information
Some of MoJ’s terms and conditions of service are changing as part of Civil Service reform. The changes will apply to staff joining MoJ who are new to the Civil Service. Staff joining MoJ from other civil service employers will transfer onto the new MoJ terms if they are already on 'modernised' terms in their current post or onto 'unmodernised' MoJ terms if they are on 'unmodernised' terms at their current post. Details will be available if an offer is made.
Flexible working hours
The Ministry of Justice offers a flexible working system in many offices.
The MoJ offers a range of benefits:
Generous allowances for paid holiday starting at 25 days per year, and rising as your service increases. There is also a scheme to allow qualifying staff to buy or sell up to three days leave each year. Additional paid time off for public holidays and 1 privilege day. Leave for part-time and job share posts will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
The Civil Service offers a choice of pension schemes, giving you the flexibility to choose the pension that suits you best.
The Ministry of Justice is committed to staff development and offers an extensive range of training and development opportunities.
- A range of ‘Family Friendly’ policies such as opportunities to work reduced hours or job share.
- Access to flexible benefits such as salary sacrifice arrangements for childcare vouchers, and voluntary benefits such as retail vouchers and discounts on a range of goods and services.
- Paid paternity, adoption and maternity leave.
- Free annual sight tests for employees who use computer screens.
The opportunity to join employee-run networks that have been established to provide advice and support and to enable the views of employees from minority groups to be expressed direct to senior management. There are currently networks for employees of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, employees with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity.
There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
18/03/2019, 23:55 hours
Closing Date: 18th March 2019 at 23:55 hours
If you require any assistance please call 0845 241 5359 (Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote the job reference
To apply for roles in MOJ you will need to confirm your employment history for at least 3 years prior to the date of application so that pre-employment checks (BPSS) can be undertaken. If you have spent significant time abroad (a total of 6 months in the past 3 years) you would be required to give a reasonable account of the reasons why.
For some roles you will be required to successfully complete National Security Vetting at Counter Terrorism (CTC), Security Clearance (SC) or Developed Vetting (DV) level as a condition of appointment. To meet CTC/SC/DV requirements you will normally need to have been resident in the UK for at least 3/5/10 years prior to the date of application (The level of checks that are required are stated in the advert).
If you do not meet the above requirements, you may still be considered if, for example:
- You've been serving overseas with HM Forces or in some other official capacity as a representative of HM Government
- You were studying abroad
- You were living overseas with parents
In such cases you will need to be able to provide referee cover for the period(s) of residence overseas. The duration of overseas residence and the country of abode will also be taken into account.
You may be required to provide statements describing your skills and experience relevant to each of the selection criteria. We recommend that you structure any examples as Situation, Task, Action and Result. For more information about the recruitment process and answers to general queries, please click the below link which will direct you to our Candidate Information Page.
In the event of a large number of applications, we reserve the right to undertake the following processes:
- An automated online test where a benchmark must be passed to progress;
- A sift on the lead selection criteria. If this happens, the lead criteria will be the first one listed in the advert.
During the selection process, you may be asked to undertake an additional assessment (such as written test). If this is applicable you will be notified of this when you are invited to interview.
- Interpretation and analysis of data to inform decision making
This Vacancy is closed to applications.